Chapelstone Developments Limited is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- The data protection principles we follow.
- What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
- What personal data we gather about you?
- How we use your personal data?
- Who else has access to your personal data?
- How we secure your data?
- Cookie declaration.
- Supervisory authority contact information.
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Chapelstone Developments Limited
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your personal data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for processing of your personal data.
Data We Gather From Information Provided By You
- Contact form:
If you actively give consent the website contact form forwards your name, email address, message subject and message content by email to be read and responded to by Chapelstone Developments Ltd staff. Your personal data is NOT stored in the website database.
Emails are stored no longer than necessary to answer your enquiry and provide any requested services in accordance with our general terms and conditions of use.
- Email marketing:
If you actively give consent to receive our marketing email newsletter your first name, last name and email address are stored in lists in the third party Mailchimp email marketing service. Every Mailchimp email includes options to manage your preferences and unsubscribe. You can also unsubscribe from our Mailchimp Newsletter at any time.
- Customer administration:
Your name, email address, billing address, telephone number and other information necessary for us to deliver services, software and products and to enhance your customer experience with us. Your personal data and customer data is stored locally in a contacts database, email client, spreadsheet and secure notes and password manager and remotely in our cloud based managed accounting software service plus Microsoft and Google spreadsheets and documents.
- Service provision:
Your personal data may also be stored locally and online within web applications and the software tools used to provide the services, product and software we provide and maintain on your behalf. The information typically includes your company details, name, email address, contact details.
Information Automatically Collected About You
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information From Our Partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data in order to:
- Provide our services, products and software you have requested and to notify you of any changes in your services.
- Enhance your customer experience.
- Fulfil any obligation under law or contract.
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To identify you.
- To provide you with services, software and products.
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalised offers from us and/or our carefully selected partners.
- To administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of the services, software and products offered/provided.
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
- To inform customers about website changes, scheduled maintenance, unexpected downtime/outages, legal obligations etc.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you services and products that are similar or related to your purchasing history and/or browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters, via MailChimp, including information for website owners, offers from us and/or our carefully selected partners.
- Other purposes for which we have asked and gained your consent in advance.
We might process your personal data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of personal data is suitable for further processing;
- The further processing would not harm your interests.
- There would be appropriate safeguard for processing.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal data about you is, in some circumstances, provided to our trusted partners in order to ensure continuity of the services we provide to you or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Google Analytics: Website visitor statistics and marketing.
We only work with processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data including HTTPS. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We proactively monitor our systems for possible malware vulnerabilities, denial of service attacks, brute force hacking attempts and take appropriate measures and legal action at our discretion.
Even though we try our best we cannot totally guarantee the security of any information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have access to any online services you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children or anyone under the age of eighteen. We do not target children with our services, products and software.
Cookies And Other Technologies
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some third party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
GDPR Supervisory Authority Contact Information
Phone: 0303 123 1113
General – Personal information is any information from which an individual can be identified, ie. your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. It is Chapelstone’s policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information held by them is held securely and processed fairly and lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information taken – You may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, for example, name, contact details etc. when you visit or register on our website. Information may also be collected about your usage of the website and from any messages posted to the website and emails or letters sent to Chapelstone.
Use of Personal Information – When using our website, you consent to Chapelstone using your Personal Information for the purposes of advertising, PR and marketing, providing consultancy or advisory services, research of either a technical or commercial nature and customer database maintenance.
Please advise us if you do not wish to receive details of our goods, services or promotions, now or in the future, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties – For the purposes of mailshots and market research etc. Chapelstone may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are instructed to process Personal Information on its behalf. Any third party instructed by Chapelstone would be required to sign an agreement acknowledging that your Personal Information is only to be used for the purposes requested and taking steps for the prevention of unlawful or unauthorised access to it.
In the event of Chapelstone selling or transferring any of its business assets, the sale or transfer of our customer information database may be included, but will be under strict confidentiality and security conditions. It may also mean that your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside the EEU.
Chapelstone will not pass on or disclose any Personal information, except as stated above, without your permission.
If you wish to find out what Personal Information Chapelstone holds about you, please apply to us in writing, at the office address. If any of the information held is incorrect, needs updating, or you wish deleted, please email your request to email@example.com.